The table below lists the coverage of the databases on the November 2017 CaseFinder® DVD, which shipped December 21, 2017.
[Opinions in many databases issued from and after December 1, 2017 are being added to CaseFinder's® built-in web site every day, accessible at no charge to CaseFinder® subscribers.]
The Supreme Court of Virginia
Published: Vol. 80 (1885) through Vol. 294 (November 30, 2017)
Unpublished: Orders, 1999 through November 30, 2017
The Court of Appeals of Virginia
Published: Vol. 1 (1985) through Vol. 68 (November 30, 2017)
Unpublished: June, 1994 through November 30, 2017
Virginia Attorney General
Opinions: 1967 through November 30, 2017
Conflict of Interest Opinions: 1994 through December 31, 2010
Virginia Circuit Court Opinions
31 Circuits, selected opinions
Legal Ethics and Unauthorized Practice
Published: Vol. 64 (1985) through Vol. 79 (2000)
Unpublished: 1993 through November 30, 2017
As effective July 1, 2017,
incorporating amendments from 2017 General Assembly
Virginia Code Archive
Containing the full text of earlier versions of the Code back to 2002,
along with amendments in red-line/strike-through format back to 1994.
Rules of the Supreme Court of Virginia
Current, including amendments through November 30, 2017
United States Supreme Court
Vol. 338 (1949) through Vol. 583 (November 30, 2017)
U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
1971 (Vol. 450 F.2d) through November 30, 2017
Eastern and Western Federal District Courts
1988 (Vol. 700 F. Supp.) through June 28, 2017 (Vol. 257 F. Supp. 3d)
United States Constitution
United States Code
Current through December 2, 2013
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
This is a binding legal Agreement between you and Geronimo Development Corporation ("Geronimo"). By installing this software (defined below), you are agreeing, for yourself and for all the members of your organization, to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. In addition, you are representing that you or your employer has purchased the Software, and that you are authorized to install and use it. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not install the Software; promptly return all materials to Geronimo at 606 25th Avenue S., Suite 201, St. Cloud, Minnesota 56301. Provided you return the materials within 30 days of purchase, Geronimo will refund the purchase price paid.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE: Geronimo grants you the right to use the CaseFinder® program and the data contained on the enclosed DVD (the "Software") on one computer at a time. This right is granted to you as an individual, and/or to the other members of your law firm (including professional corporations), judicial entity, government office or company in which you are a principal or by whom you are employed. This license does not extend to other persons with whom you associate in an office-sharing arrangement. Under this Agreement, you may install the Software on more than one computer, but you may not use it on more than one computer at the same time. Contact Geronimo in order to obtain concurrent use permits if you need to use the Software simultaneously on more than one computer.
2. COPYRIGHT: The Software is owned by Geronimo and is protected by United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE:
A. You may not use the Software on more than one computer at the same time, or, if the Software is installed on a computer network, you may not access the Software from more than one terminal or workstation at the same time, unless you have have purchased a concurrent use permit from Geronimo.
B. You may not rent or lease the Software.
C. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software.
D. When you purchase, or receive pursuant to an annual subscription, a CaseFinder® DVD bearing a date that is more recent than the date of the DVD currently installed and/or in use, you must discontinue using the old CaseFinder® DVD after the new one is installed. You may retain the old DVD for emergency back-up purposes only.
E. You need not return the old CaseFinder® DVDs; however, you may not use them (except as provided in D, above), nor may you give them away.
4. TRANSFER: Upon written notice to Geronimo, you may transfer the Software, including any updates and all prior versions, on a permanent basis, provided you retain no copies of the Software and delete all of its files from your computer(s), and provided that the transferee agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
5. 30-DAY EVALUATION PERIOD: For a period of thirty (30) days after receipt of the Software, if you are dissatisfied with the Software for any reason, Geronimo will refund all monies paid, provided: (A) you have not violated this Agreement; (B) the Software is returned to Geronimo in its original condition; (C) the package in which the Software is returned bears evidence of shipment within the thirty-day period; and (D) any portions of the Software which were installed on your computer(s) are removed.
6. LIMITED WARRANTY: Geronimo warrants that the media on which the Software is being supplied is of sufficient quality to enable you to install the Software on the hard drive of your computer and/or access the Software from the DVD drive of your computer. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the media is the result of accident, abuse, or misapplication. Geronimo's sole obligation, and your sole remedy, under this Limited Warranty is the replacement of any defective media returned within thirty days of purchase.
7. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: Except as set forth in Paragraph 6, the Software is being provided "as is". Geronimo expressly disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Geronimo shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage caused by or resulting from (a) any errors or omissions in the Software, whether such errors or omissions were caused by negligence, accident or any other reason, (b) the unavailability or interruption of the Software or any features thereof, (c) your use of the Software, (d) your use of any equipment in connection with the Software, or (e) the content of any materials included in the Software.
8. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES: In no event shall Geronimo be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, legal malpractice or attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Software or the inability to use the Software, even if Geronimo has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement is governed by the procedural and substantive laws of the State of Virginia.
Purchase CaseFinder® on DVD as an annual subscription or as a single month update. Shipping is always free!
This includes a one year subscription to monthly CaseFinder® updates by DVD. The initial shipment will include the latest CaseFinder® DVD and a user’s manual. Updated DVDs will automatically be shipped each month for the remainder of the subscription. With this option you will have access to the latest cases on the web for the length of the subscription.
This includes the latest CaseFinder® DVD and a user's manual. Purchase of this item does not include updates to the DVD. With this option you will have access to the latest cases on the web for 45 days.
Permit allows use of CaseFinder® on more than one system at a time. Permits are usually purchased for simultaneous use of CaseFinder® on a network. This is an annual fee.
Call to order.